- Construct curb, gutter and sidewalk on both sides of Phillippi Street between Targee Street and Overland Road. Sidewalks on west side will be seven feet wide and sidewalks on east side will be five feet wide. Sidewalks on the west side are five feet wide to reduce impacts to trees, landscaping and private property.
- Rebuild the street
- Rebuild existing speed humps
- Add sharrows (shared lane markings) to designate a shared travel lane for both bicyclists and motorists.
- Construct bulb outs and update pedestrian ramps
- Improve stormwater facilities
- Project design
Increase connectivity and safety for pedestrians and bicyclists.
What is next?
- December 2017 - Finalize design
- Fall 2017 thru fall 2018 - Right-of-way purchases
- 2021 - Construction*
*Per the initial draft of the 2018-2022 ACHD Integrated Five-Year Work Plan. The Plan will go before the ACHD Commission for possible adoption on September 27, 2017 at 6 p.m.
What do you think?
After reviewing the project information, please take a short survey and let us know what you think.
While your comments are always welcome, they can be best used if received by September 28, 2017.
- Overland and Phillippi Pedestrian Crossing - This project is currently in the initial draft of the 2018-2022 ACHD Integrated Five-Year Work Plan (IFYWP) that will go before the ACHD Commission for possible adoption on September 27, 2017. If the Plan is adopted, the pedestrian crossing is planned for construction in 2022.
- Phillippi, Malad to Targee - ACHD will construct improvements on Phillippi, between Malad and Targee as a separate project in 2018.