The Ada County Highway District, working with the Boise City Parks and Recreation Department, is designing improvements for Heron Street, between 13th and 9th streets in front of Camel's Back Park.
- Rebuild the roadway.
- Add curb, gutter and a detached pathway on the north side of the street.
- Install bulb-outs.
- Install green stormwater infrastructure to manage stormwater runoff.
- Add a new crosswalk on Heron at 10th Street.
- Paint sharrow markings to create awareness that bikes and cars share the roadway.
- Allow on-street parking on both sides of the street.
- View the design under"Related Documents".
Please note that every effort was made to impact as few trees as possible.
- Provide a safe pathway for the neighborhood and Camel's Back Park users.
- Increase pedestrian connectivity.
Green Stormwater Infrastructure
Some of the bulb-outs will include plantings to help manage stormwater runoff.
- Instead of piping and treating stormwater in a seepage bed, the water (quality and volume) will be managed on site through landscape features.
- Recommended as a natural and effective tool for managing water drainage from the road.
- Will be maintained by Boise Parks and Recreation.
- Green stormwater infrastructure is cost-effective, has less impacts, mimics natural conditions, improves water quality, and provides enhanced neighborhood beauty.
Examples of Green Stormwater Applications
- Summer 2018
- Start Date:
- End Date: