This project proposes to construct a new signalized intersection at Cole Road and Lake Hazel Road, as well as a new bridge on Lake Hazel Road over the New York Canal (#2216). The project proposes:
- One through lane in each direction on Cole Road
- Two through lanes in each direction on Lake Hazel Road
- An exclusive right turn lane on the north leg and the east leg of the intersection
- Single left turn lanes on the east and west legs of the intersection
- Dual left turn lanes on the north and south legs of the intersection
- Bike lanes and 7-foot attached sidewalks on all legs of the intersection
- A new bridge over the New York Canal
- The new elevation of the intersection of Cole Road and Lake Hazel Road will be approximately 17 higher than the elevation of the existing intersection in order to cross over the New York Canal.
Work to start early October
In early October 2017, construction will begin on the Cole and Lake Hazel intersection project. Construction is anticipated to be complete by late August 2018.
- Impacts include an intersection closure, lane restrictions with flaggers, general construction noise, dust, equipment back up alarms, pile driving, and ground vibration.
- The intersection will be closed starting in late 2017 and reopen late-summer 2018. Local access up to the work zone will be maintained, however travel through the intersection will be prohibited.
- Why? A closure is necessary due to the significant elevation work required to bring the intersection up to the new bridge over the New York Canal.
- Fall 2017
Construction Time Frame
- Start Date:
- Fall 2017
- End Date:
- August 2018